Space Dragons take the 1st place Gold Medal in the 20th annual Portland Rose Festival DB Tournament, "D" Division!!!
It was a story-book weekend, complete with a great time paddling, success on the water, a beautiful venue & Rose festival, great weather on Sunday, and a whole lot of 'newness' - different boats, racing style, and exploring beautiful downtown Portland (with its great microbrews & happy hours)!
- 1st place finishes in all 3 Sunday races to power through the elimination rounds on way to the Gold
- ~11th fastest team time-wise of ~60 participating after Saturday
- Caught the flag every time!
- Great job Devant, Jackie, Marty, & AJ!!
- Awesome, inspirational calling by first-time caller Tran & Jackie!
- Most importantly - great time, great memories all around for the entire fun weekend
- e.g., 90-minute impromptu battle royale in the hotel pool (see below)!
Special shout out to our new friends:
- Roberta and the entire PKSCA board & volunteers for putting on the well-organized, fun event!
- Kai Ikaika for the generous hospitality & tips as our host team!
- The Red Cross Racers for some thrilling races all day Sunday!
1) Devant & the Space Dragons (under the red flag) capture the 1st in a tight quarter-final w/ the Red Cross Racers!
2) Semi-final race 1st place, under the green flag
2) Jackie & SD (blue flag) capture 1st in the Final!!
We like hotel Pools:
Pool statistics and injuries (courtesy of Brian):
- Jackie got her head cracked on the bottom complements of galen
- Pearl got her shin jacked on the edge of the pool courtesy of wade
- Pearl got her necklace broken chicken fighting thanks to Jackie
- Lisa drank half a gallon of salty pool water from a cannon ball directed by wade
- Charlie got a nice road rash from running by the pool and slipping
- Countless beach ball spikes to the head of everyone courtesy of everyone else
- Numerous foam noodles slash marks from sword fighting whoever was in vicinity at the time
No other injuries reported.More pics here!