Days away!! You ready??
Eat healthy, get lots of rest, continue light cardio but taper down exercises.
Be ready for intense competition, long hot days, & loads of fun!
Parking is very limited - CARPOOL!
No parking on residential streets
Get your parking permit - meet @ 7:50 AM Sat @ Alamitos Bay Basin #3 (see map below)
Galen will be distributing parking permits - place in full view on dashboard
Spectators / non-permit parking available @ Colorado Lagoon, metered lot @ Mother's Beach, Sea Port Marina Hotel, & the Ralph's Lot (on PCH)
Be @ Space Dragons Tents no later than 8:30 AM Sat.
Sun call time will be announced Sat afternoon.
Thanks all of you who are helping bring tables, coolers, chairs, etc!
- Redondo Beach, NG Space Park drop-off this Thurs (7/24) at 4 PM at R1/R2 lot (northeast corner of Aviation Blvd and Space Park Dr. across the way from the track) - map
- Drop off at SD Tents @ Marine Stadium at these times only:
- Thurs & Fri after 5 PM
- Sat morning between 6:30 and 7 AM
THINGS TO BRING
- Race uniform -- Space Dragons sacred royal blue jersey and black bottom
- Paddling Gear
- Some cash
- Water bottle (we will have water & gateraid coolers to fill you up!)
- sunglasses / hats
- your fave snacks! bring some to share!
- soap, soap-less sanitizer, toilet paper (in the past, the restrooms have ran out of TP)
- camera & camcorders
- cell phone
- change of clothes (very casual) for Sunday post-race
- hand-held fan
- your A-game + the ever present team-first attitude!
Remember to eat light & eat for fuel during the race days!
Team is ordering Lee's Sandwiches, $3 each. Deadline to include your order is COB Wednesday!
Email email@example.com if you are interested.
The site will also have food vendors.
GENERAL RACE WEEKEND REQUESTS
- Eat a good nutritious breakfast on your own before arriving (or bring breakfast)
- Stay hydrated throughout the weekend - and stay out of the sun as much as possible!
- Please check-in w/ Denise upon arriving at tent on Sat/Sun AM
- Do not plan on leaving race site during the race weekend - if you need to, please let your Team Lead know (see below)
- Please review the race rules here - strict enforcement!
- Be cognizant of race heats/schedule - be @ tent 1.5 hours prior to your race
- Carry your cell phone when you are looking around the race site
- Have a good time! Look around & enjoy the scenes - just be wary of race schedule & the sun!
- And like you always do - represent the Space Dragons well!
Please support these folks as they make sure we warm-up & marshal on-time!
- SD Red -- Janice
- SD Blue -- Joe
- SD White -- Wade
- SD Women -- Pearl
- SD Men -- Galen
- SD Masters -- Ceez
Ripple will have an informal potluck at their hotel Friday evening, time TBD, Space Dragons are welcome to join:
- Extended Stay America -- Long Beach
- 4105 E. Willow St, 90815, 562-989-4601
- Contact Denise for time Friday if interested
US Nationals races are on Friday, some peppered throughout Sat and Sun - cheer on our very own Emily (West Coast Women, Premier mixed) & Sammi (West Coast Jr. Women)!
And please respect the residents nearby, keep volumes low, especially in the mornings
WOOHOO! It's finally here!