Weekend Call Times:Those not staying @ Coast Plaza Hotel, see you 6:15 AM @ Science World near the South Entrance.
FRIDAY - 4:00 PM - Practice, meet @ race site docks
SATURDAY - 6:00 AM - Race Day, meet @ hotel lobby
SUNDAY - TBD - Race Day, meet @ hotel lobby
See map here: http://dragonboatbc.ca/docs/2009/SiteMap09Final.pdf
Coast Plaza Hotel
1763 Comox Street
YVR Airport to/from Hotel:
YVR Airporter Shuttle
- $14CDN one way / $22CDN round trip
- Purchase tickets @ airport, directly from driver, or hotel concierge
- US $ accepted
Taxi: ~$25CDN on way
Located around the TELUS World of Science:
1455 Quebec Street
Getting to/from Hotel & Race Site (~3 miles)
1) Taxi (~10 minute drive), ~$10 CDN
2) Walk (~45 minutes)
3) Bus (just follow Grace)
4) Drive - limited street parking along Pacific Blvd, Expo Blvd, Quebec & Terminal, 1st & Ontario
Do NOT leave valuables in your vehicles.
NOTE: Those Phat Phish guys are so nice. They let us know that Google maps sucks and that the directions above kinda suck.
Instead, they recommend "turn Left on Bute from Comox... and then Right on Nelson.... instead of left on Burrard and right on Nelson." Thanks Alex, from Phat Phish, we appreciate you looking out for us! See you all on Friday!
- Map of Race site:
- Wristbands will be distributed to racers
- Wear for entire weekend, do not lose ($20 replacement fee)
- Team Tent located in RACER's VILLAGE
- 10-15 minute walk to the race docks
- No wandering in the hour prior to your race heats - be @ tent
- Village requires wristband for entry, NOT open to general public
- Those w/ family, please take them to Racer's Services to request entry (hand stamp)
- Coffee vendors available @ 6AM
- Food vendors available @ 10AM
- Vendors take cash until Dragon Dollar booths open
- Good sportsmanship & behavior as always!
SUNDAY NIGHT FUN OPTIONS (Post-Beer Garden)
1. Party w/ Ripple Effect
- 7pm, Yaggers
- No RSVP needed
- Menu here: http://www.yaggers.com/
- $12 prime rib dinner special available (not on menu)
- If you are interested, reply back to Tran
- 7pm, Kingston Taphouse & Grille: http://www.kingstontaphouse.com/
- Tickets = $12 (1 drink + drawing entry) or $10 (drawing entry only)
- Fundraiser for FCRCC Team Canada for World Championships (Prague)
- Will include prizes/drawings
- Map to Kingston from Science World --> click here
Additional Important Details + Packing Checklist:
Review & bring Tran's materials from Saturday's Team Meeting.