Any questions - contact Wade ().
WEEKEND SCHEDULE (subject to minor changes):
FridayCheck Sat shuttle schedule in Marriott lobby
5pm ... Meet in Marriott Lobby for Paddlers Mixer
Give $10 to Wade.
B's Restaurant: 720 Howard St (between 3rd and 4th street)
Early AM .... Paddlers taking shuttle: Meet in Lobby 15 min before SD RED shuttle
6:45 AM ...... Call-time for drivers/paddlers not taking shuttle to be @ TI.
7 AM: ......... Captain's Mtg (Pearl, Joe, Brian, Marty, Wade)
8:48 AM ...... RED 1st heat
9:48 AM ...... WHITE 1st heat
10 AM ......... BLUE 1st heat
11 -1 PM ...... RED, WHITE, BLUE 2nd heat
2:24 PM ...... WOMEN's 1st heat
3:00 PM ...... MEN's 1st heat
4:36 PM ...... MASTER's 1st heat
Nighttime ... Check Sun Hotel Shuttle schedule. Get lots of rest for FINALS on Sunday
Early AM ...... Paddlers taking shuttle: Meet in Lobby 15 min before very 1st SD Shuttle
TBA Sat PM ... Call-time for drivers/paddlers not taking shuttle to be @ TI.
7:30 AM ....... Captain's Mtg (Pearl, Joe, Brian, Marty, Wade)
8 AM ............ WOMEN's Final (if qualified)
8:12 AM ....... MEN's Final (if qualified)
9:12 AM ....... MASTER's Final (if qualified)
9:24 AM ....... Visiting Team Consolation (if qualified)
10:24 AM ..... Visiting Team Championship (if qualified)
1o:36-12:36 .. RED, WHITE, BLUE 3rd heat
1:12-4PM ...... RED, WHITE, BLUE Finals
5pm .............. Closing Ceremonies
Nighttime ..... Celebrate AWESOME performance!
Party night away w/ Ripple + maybe other teams @ O'Neill's Irish Pub
747 3rd street at King
1 mile away from Marriott, walking directions:
Transportation to the Team Hotel: SF Marriott Marquis - Yerba Buena
Options from SF or Oakland Airports:
- BART - exit Powell Street Station (30 min from SFO @ $8.10, 25 min from Oakland @ $3.80)
- SuperShuttle (~$17 pp from SFO, ~$27 pp from Oakland, contact hotel to schedule)
- Taxi (~$40 from SFO, ~$51 from Oakland)
- Limo (surprisingly comparable rate to Taxi)
55 Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Map - BART Powell Street Station to Marriott (the Red M):
For those driving, parking is ~$56 a day onsite (not a typo), ~$32 offsite.
Food @ the Tournament Site
Ripple Effect is very generously hosting us and will providing us food, including Pasta for lunch Sat & a Ripple Deli for Sun lunch!
Of course, feel free to bring along some of your favorite snacks or bring along some cash for food vendors: like Sammi says, "try the saimin!"
Things to bring (recommendations)
- The usual competition paddling gear + uniform (jersey + dark bottoms)
- Running shoes & socks for race site warm-ups
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions
- Casual warm clothing for out-and-about SF
- Water bottle
- Cameras / Camcorders
- Extra Jersey to trade
- No need for beach chairs/tents - Ripple Fx is kindly providing.
Paddle Transport for people flying:
At this point, your paddle should be w/ someone driving up.
If you still don't know how to transport your paddle, contact us: captains @ spacedragons.org
Any issues or questions during race weekend?Contact Wade, Pearl, Joe, Em, Tran, or any vets
Race Day Requests
- Eat light & eat for fuel
- Stay hydrated - even if its cold out
- Be on time for warm-ups, stretches, marshaling
- Stay off your feet & rest up between races - it's a long weekend
- If you wander off, let folks know where you're headed. Playing hide-and-go-seek during Marshalling is NOT fun
- Make sure everyone wears a PFD
- As always - be sure to thank the race organizers & volunteers. Loads of effort go into organizing these events, and they've always done a good job putting on a race 'for paddlers by paddlers'.
- Also be sure to give a bunch of love to our host/sister team Ripple Effect!
- Remember that you reppin' the entire team when you up there.
- Above all else, have a good (& safe) time!
Event Website - www.sfdragonboat.com
Schedule, Team Bios, race rules, course information, vendors, entertainment, etc are all posted.
Take a look.
12 Vets share recommendations for the race (~6 minute video from 2008):