Hope everyone had a great holiday season and ready to train hard. Tempe is 2 months away! Very important announcements below, please read completely through.
- Practice resumes this weekend: same bat time, same bat channel!
- IMPORTANT: we need headcounts (new SCDBC policy). Please respond to the poll on the right about whether you plan on attending practice this weekend. REPLY by Wed (1/6) by 7 PM.
- Reminder to check this SD blog, Facebook and Twitter throughout the week for updates on practice changes/cancellations.
- If you have not signed a 2010 waiver, please see Pearl. No Waiver--No Boat Ride!
--Review new SCDBC guidelines and changes and financial impact
--Complete required SCDBC Safety orientation
--Introduce SD Leadership
--Discuss 2010 tournaments, fundraisers, goals
- 2010 annual dues: $80/paddler (payable to "Space Dragons")
- RSVP via evite (listed in the email digest)
- Tournament fee: $35
- We have a block of 10 rooms with the Tempe Aloft hotel (a Starwood hotel) within walking distance to the race site.
- Price is $149/night (accommodates 4).
- Got roommates? Work it out and have only ONE person book.
- Most rooms are available for check-in Friday 3/26 and check-out Sunday 3/28 (Monday check-out is possible)
- Use this link (specific for our team) to reserve your room: see link in email
- Tempe: March 27-28 (RSVP on the evite via the email digest)
- Baby Long Beach: May 2*
- Boston (new this year): June 12-13*
- Big Long Beach: July 31-Aug 1*
- San Francisco: Sept 25-26 (RSVP on the evite via the email digest
6. NAPLES BOAT PARADE
- Excellent job Space Dragons!
- Our festive boat won the THEME Award in the small boat category!
- Read the recap here
- Thanks Ceez & Deej for organizing and all the decorators!
- Space Dragons had a blast helping decorate La Canada Flintridge's winning float
- Recap here
- We had our hands in their Fantasy Trophy win!
- Thanks Marina for organizing and all the decorators!