It's HELL WEEK! That means 1.5 more weeks till TI, 4 more practices left! Remember to fill out the poll.
1. SAN FRANCISCO
- If you haven't done so, please fill out, print, and sign the tournament waiver, give to Galen at practice
- Going up on Thursday? Need lodging? Email Galen. Think you have Thursday lodging covered? Now's a good time to check with your roommates
- $35 race fees to Space Dragons
- $5 cash to Zina for Sat & Sun lunch
- Paddlers Party/Welcome Mixer -- Friday 9/16, 5 PM - 9 PM.
- This year's event will be at Fluid Ultra Lounge, just a block and a half from the Marriott Marquis. For $10 USD, you'll get VIP entry which includes drink specials, appetizers, raffle prizes, and a chance to meet and hang out with other visiting and local teams before the festival. Please note that because of the venue all attendees must be 21 and over, and IDs will be checked at the door
- Interested paddlers please email and give $10 to Pearl, RSVP by Friday 9/9; payment by Sunday 9/11
- Team Dinner -- Saturday 9/17, 7:30 PM
- Spaces limited to 25, hurry to claim your spot on the Evite in your mail
- No backing out once you reply "yes", UNLESS you find a replacement ;)
- 2011 Edition Space Ripple t-shirt: Order is closed, will make 2nd order if enough interest, so if you missed out and are still inrerested, email us!
- DRIVERS: Have room to help the team carry paddles to SF? Please email us so we can coordinate equipment drop-off/pick-ups.
2. BEACH CLEAN UP -- this Sat 9/10
- Last beach clean up of the year
- Same time same place: after practice @ Mother's Beach
- Let the others know who those nice folks are who are keeping the beach clean -- wear your Space Dragons jersey
- Marina will have parking permit (valid till noon) for the Mother's Beach meter lot for those who help out, see her before or after practice
- Everyone check the emailed spreadsheet on your latest payment status
4. SAN DIEGO -- 10/22 - 23
- Looks like we've got a team, have you signed up? Check the Evite
5. SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE
- Extended through September!
- Drive benefits School on Wheels, a non-profit that helps homeless kids with school work
- Please bring your donations to practices, and they will be put into backpacks and distributed by School on Wheels to needy kids in the Long Beach area.For a full list of needed supplies, please see the Student Wish List. They especially need flash drives and backpacks. You can also email Stephanie for more details of the drive
6. YE DINNER -- Sat 12/3
- Sign up now, we got our own private area with inside seating and a patio!
- All yummy food and the fun comes at a low low price of $35/person, payable to Space Dragons
- Guests are welcome
-- Your Captains