1. PRE_SEASON PRACTICES!
- It was a wacky start to the 2012 practice schedule this last weekend, but YES, there was practice in the “rain” on Sunday.
- Remember, refer to the RAIN protocol if in doubt! The rain is much cleaner than what you're paddling in :)
- Just a reminder about practice signup, YOU need to go fill out the poll NOW so we know exactly how many boats and what sizes we need. We WILL leave you out on the beach if there's no space for you because you didn't sign up!
- Remember it is IMPERATIVE that we ask for the exact number of boats and sizes we need since TK and Mike are generous enough to lug those steering oars from their house to the beach.
- SO GO FILL OUT THE POLL NOW!
- Reminder: If the Boy Scout lots are closed for dock renovation, you may park on the streets. Let the captains know of any complaints. Or you could utilize the Mother's Beach metered lot, remember it's free before 10 AM.
2. YE DINNER -- Sat 12/3
- Time to get fabulous! We have a great venue all to ourselves and a live band!
- So what are you waiting for? RSVP on the Evite now
- All are welcome so grab a friend(s) and/or family member(s) and show them how to have a good time Space Dragons style!
- Oh and pay Space Dragons $35. Deadline is coming up soon -- 11/20.
- Got any auction/raffle items to offer? Want to contribute but need ideas? See below for items for last year or talk to Kat Wells or Janet!
- Auctions: cooking lesson, brewing session, massage, candy making, dinner, climbing lesson, gun shooting, Hollywood event
- Raffles: paddle bag, Costco gift card, gift baskets, wine baskets, tournament fee, team dues, hair cut/products, Oscar swag bag, Standup to Cancer swag bag, spa massage cert
3. OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
SD Kayak Challenge -- Sat 11/12
- 3rd Annual SoCal Dragonboaters Bowling Tournament -- Sat 12/10. Can't get enough competition with the other SoCal paddlers? Show off your skillz off the water. Sponsored by Splashing Flyers. Represent Space Dragons!
4. 2012 SPACE RIPPLE MAMMOTH TRIP
- The tradition continues in 2012, thanks to Andy and Jim for organizing, but they need your help!
- RSVP to Evite for poll on dates and so they know what size lodging they need to find
- Dates have been selected: Thu Jan 26 - Sun Jan 29
- Also note deadlines on Evite
5. SPACE DRAGONS LOGO GEAR!
Want to show off your Space Dragons pride? There are many options:
- Space Dragons wristband: $2, see Emily
- Space Dragons decal/sticker: $1.50, see Pearl
- Space Dragons patch (iron-on backing): $3, see Jim T or Marina
- Space Dragons car flag: $10, see Arlene
-- Your Captains