6 Days Til Christmas….
Last minute gift shopping, parties and FEASTing, don’t forget to take some time out for a little, run, bike, swim, yoga, maybe even some paddling time ;) 2013 Tournament Season is just around the corner!
1. FUNDRAISER @ THE ROSE BOWL – Tues Jan 1
- Reminder: For those that participated in the Nov 24th event and are signed up for Jan 1st!
- That means, if you have not signed up, contact captains if you would like to give it a try! This is a huge fundraising opportunity for the team, so the more the merrier!
- Remainder of 2012 practices are at 9a!
- Dust off your paddle, loosen up your PFD and come on out and enjoy the beautiful CRISP mornings =)
2013 Season starts January 5th
- That’s right, formal practices start Sat January 5! Mark your calendars…
- That also means the beginning of Attendance and LATE penalties!
- We are still waiting to hear what our 2013 practice times will be, STAY TUNED!
** Fill-out (and keep updated with changes) the poll! Doodle It!
3. 2013 Dues!
- GREAT NEWS!!! ** No Increase ** Our very successful 2012 fundraising efforts helped cancel out increases in registration and tournament fees, meaning:
- Dues stay at the low 2012 rate of $100 adult, $50 minor (under 18)
4. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- I know it’s early but this is a B I G D E A L!
- While our regular warm up tournaments, Tempe and Baby LB, are still in play
- Start your plans now for Vancouver. Things to consider:
* Time off: Try to schedule arrival Thu or early Fri to available for a Fri practice in Vancouver!
* Passport: Canada travel requires a passport, it must be valid through Jan 2014(6mo from travel date)
* Travel Costs: Start saving today! One less beer a week is already $200 saved ;)
* Evite: Check out evite and sign up (Yes, Maybe, No) and keep it updated =)
* Questions: Have questions? Need convincing? Ask your favorite vet!
5. Dragon Boat Maintenance –
It’s that time of year again! Time to help clean up the boats for the 2013 season. We use these boats A LOT so let’s do our part! Here’s how you can help:
· Please contact Steve Kashynski
· Let captains know of your participation so we can make acknowledge.
6. CPR Certification for All Steers! – Special Note from Step
RSVP for CPR class: on the Evite! ALL year-around steers (practice and tournament) will need to be CPR-certified by June 9th. In your response please include your full name, team name, and specify: steer (or intending to steer), coach/captain, or paddler. Thanks!
7. SCDBC School Painting
- On Saturday, January 19th, the SCDBC is going to use its off-season to give back to the community by working with Compton Initiative to paint a school in Compton. Invite friends and family; the more the merrier! Evite!
-- Your Captains!!!