ONE twooooo Three, ONE twooooo Three …
If you haven’t heard it already, you will SOON!
2013 Season has BEGUN!
- Attendance is being taken
- Land drills are being run
- 9:00a both Sat AND Sun (9:30-11:00 on the water)
- 1st race is in Tempe, March 23-24, time to start training!
** Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
2. 2013 Dues!
- Have you Heard?!!! ** No Increase ** Our very successful 2012 fundraising efforts helped cancel out increases in registration and tournament fees. What does his mean?
- Dues stay at the low 2012 rate of $100 adult, $50 minor (under 18)
- As always, cash or checks payable to Space Dragons, give to Denise, Roger or Robert
- If you need to make installment arrangements, contact captains, we are very flexible!
- Thank You for your early payment! We have already paid out registrations for SCDBC, Tempe and Vancouver!
3. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- Time is ticking! We have 1 boat, let’s make it 2!
- While our regular warm up tournaments, Tempe and Baby LB, are still in play
- Start your plans now for Vancouver!
Things to consider:
* Time off: Try to schedule arrival Thu or early Fri to available for a Fri practice in Vancouver!
* Passport: Canada travel requires a passport, it must be valid through Jan 2014(6mo from travel date)
* Travel Costs: Start saving today! One less beer a week is already $200 saved ;)
* Evite: Check out evite and sign up (Yes, Maybe, No) and keep it updated =)
* Questions: Have questions? Need convincing? Ask your favorite vet!
4. CPR Certification for All Steers! – Sat Feb 23rd, 8:30a-12:30p
RSVP for CPR class on the Evite ALL year-around steers (practice and tournament) will need to be CPR-certified by June 9th. In your Evite response please include your:
Specify: steer, coach/captain, or paddler.
- $35 Fee will be covered for steers already certified or who will be certified by CPR class date only
- If you are not a steer, feel free to participate in this opportunity, but you will be responsible for the $35 class fee.
5. SCDBC School Painting
- On Saturday, January 19th, the SCDBC is going to use its off-season to give back to the community by working with Compton Initiative to paint a school in Compton. Invite friends and family; the more the merrier! Evite!
psst… do you guys still owe dues or fees from 2012? YEP fees or auctions, perhaps?
Yes? Then pay up!
Not sure? Then email email@example.com.
No? Hooray! Thank you!
…because if you do, you’re gonna get called out. Very, very soon.
-- Your Captains