Sunday April 28th! Sign up and Encourage your guests who came out on F&F Day to participate!
1. PRACTICE - Sat/Sun 9am
- Back in FULL-SWING
- Wed night practice (5:30p-sundown) has started!
- Practice Poll Reminder: Be mindful of the practice poll. We need your poll responses for Sat/Sun practice by Wed 7p to properly notify SCDBC, later responses, while helpful to coaches and captains, do not help us satisfy our obligations to the association, beach monitors and the greater DB community.
** Wed/Sat/Sun Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
1a. SPECIAL BOAT
- Fill out the Poll.
- Sat only 7:45a before normal practice (8a ON THE WATER)
- Usually a smaller group, so an accurate practice poll is extremely important. Please keep this poll updated! Don't be "that guy" who signs up and then doesn't show up!
2. Baby LB – Sun Apr 28
- If you haven't responded on the Baby LB Evite yet, do it NOW! Do it!
- Encourage your friends and family who came out on Saturday to participate!
- One day tournament only!
- 3 Mixed boats, 500m and 200m races. Only 30+ people signed up so far, so get to it and SIGN UP!
3. 2013 Dues and Tournament Fees
- Notice of outstanding balances was sent out! (Sorry Janet Lui and Bri for the clerical errors)
- As always, cash or checks payable to Space Dragons, give to Denise, Marina, Roger or Robert
- NOW you can pay with CC to Robert or Roger using SquareUp! Ask us (3% service fee)
- Thank You for your payment! We have to pre-pay registration fees for SCDBC, Tempe, Baby LB, Vancouver and Big LB !!! We are a lean operation and need to recover those fees so we can operate through Dec!
- If you need to make installment arrangements, contact captains, we are very flexible! DO IT NOW
4. 2013 FRIENDS & FAMILY DAY –
- Great job everyone!
- BIG PROPS to Denise, Master Organizer and Blanca, Equipment Mgr! Events require a lot of planning.
- Special thanks to APCA (aka Thomas and Zina) and Dragonauts, for use of their paddles and PFD’s!!! we didn’t have to use any icky shed equip =)
5. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- Still a few slots left! Sign up! Before it’s too late!
- We have 2 mixed boats REGISTERED! Plus genders =)
- ACTION ITEM: LODGING! (DO THIS NOW)
* Gather your roommates: ???
* Fill out the form: Attached in your email!
* Email form to Zina!
6. Big LB – Sat/Sun July 27-28
- Evite is up! Sign up!
- 3 Mixed boats, Genders, Masters, 500m and 200m races
7. MOTHER’S BEACH PARKING – SCDBC
- REMINDER: NO parking on ANY streets near Mother’s Beach
- Park in the adjacent metered lot or in the Boy Scout lot, PERIOD
- Residents are not having enough parking for their guests, BAD form!
8. Compton Initiative – Sat April 20
- Some of our paddlers joined the SCDBC on the Compton Initiative earlier this year. It's a great cause and lots of fun.
- The activities revolve around painting buildings (schools, churches, residences)
- It is 1 week before Baby LB which is not great timing, but if you definitely cannot attend Baby LB, please consider this =)
- Information and sign-up details here: http://new.evite.com/l/
-- Your Captains