Space Dragons--fun, passionate, and one team. Let's continue to ride this wave into the up and coming season by doing what we do!
We all bring something special to the boat--whether its high energy and spirit at the crack of dawn, a voice that cracks the whip over all 10 rows, or impeccable strokes in the timing box--we all cross the finish line together. It would also be null if that something special wasn't shared--so come out and be present for each other--and while you're at it, make sure you arrive on time and sign-in.
Also be sure to thank Captains Pearl and Tran for continually maintaining the team's attendance records (amongst many other things). Attendance can be regularly viewed via Google Docs.
2010 Competition Schedule:
We currently plan to participate in 5 tournaments; kicking off our '10 tour at the Tempe Town Lake in Arizona, closing out in style in the San Francisco Bay, and sandwiched between 2 convenient competitions on our Long Beach home turf will be our first-ever trek to Boston waters, where we (finally) head east to go head-to-head with what promises to be our toughest competition!
Dates - Locations - Tourney Managers
March 27th & 28th - Tempe, AZ - Denise and Devant
May 2nd - Long Beach, CA ("Baby LB") - Jeremy S ("CJ")
Jun 12th &13th - Boston, MA - Jackie and Tran
July 31st & August 1st - Long Beach CA -Pearl, Blanca, Scott, Ceez, and Denise
September 25th & 26th- San Francisco, CA -Tran, Kat, and Denise
Go ahead and contact the Tourney Managers with any questions you may have--and be sure to give 'em a hug for their efforts!
Requests of YOU!
The team leadership will spend countless hours and energy to coordinate 2010, but as always it's for naught without plenty of help from each of you! Thank you all for continually looking out for one another and for the greater team - that's what really keeps us going!
Here are just a few specific things that all our paddlers can do throughout the year to really help:
- Practice, practice, practice! The sport is incredibly unique in it's true embodiment of teamwork - we are only as strong as our team, and our team is only as strong as each individual member! Also remember that practice attendance is a major consideration when it comes to team rostering and substitutions.
- Continue to recruit! We've been continually blessed with new family members and we got plenty more love to share! Continual new blood, enthusiasm, and energy are a very important lifeblood for the team!
- Please pay your dues in a timely manner. We strive to keep this sport as affordable as possible and in doing so we we really depend on this to ensure we have sufficient $ in our account to do things like register for our various competitions. All this said - we know how tough times can be (especially these days) - if you ever have any hardship, please don't hesitate to let us know - we never want $ issues to stop you from paddling!
- Please keep us informed. Managing & coordinating a large roster is challenging, and you keeping us in the loop of your plans to participate in tourneys and miscellaneous events helps immensely. Links to all evites for team events can be conveniently found in the signature of each weekly email digest - thanks in advance for keeping them current with your responses!
- Please help out with Fundraising events & sponsorship leads! As mentioned, we do our best to keep this sport as affordable as possible to all, and every dollar raised helps! If you have any fundraising ideas or leads with potential sponsors, please let us know!
Cheers to another happy & healthy season for 2010!
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."