Have you filled out the attendance poll? Hurry before it closes at 7 PM TONIGHT (& every Wednesday night)! You can now fill out the attendance poll 2 weeks in advance!
Please see attached spreadsheet for your payment status
1. TEMPE -- March 26/27
- Please RSVP if you have not done so (yes, we want to know if you're NOT going make it as well)
- We're registered for:
- 2 mixed boats
- Open (men's), Women, Masters
- 250m, 1000m
- Lots of racing opportunities! Encourage each other to sign up & attendance practice
- NO FLAKE rule enforced: Feb 27
- info on Evite
- make your roommate arrangements and update your Evite response with lodging info
- last day for hotel cancellation: March 10
- we're looking into chartering a bus for the weekend (leaving from the South Bay)
- seats up to 47 passengers; minimum 35 passengers to keep cost below $100/person for the whole weekend
- please update Evite response on your interest in the charter bus option
- $80 2011 team dues payable to Space Dragons
- $35 Tempe race fees payable to Space Dragons
2. BEACH CLEAN UP
- Again good job for everyone who have participated in the beach clean ups
- Our efforts have been recognized by both the SCDBC and the City of Long Beach
- Check out the Certificate from the city here
- Let's keep up the good work!
3. SOUTH BAY WEDNESDAY WORKOUT
- It is that time of the week again!
- Coach Em is leading the South Bay workouts
- This week's emphasis: BACK & SHOULDERS
- Check out details here
- Email Coach Em if you plan to attend
- Feel free to put together your regional workout group if you're not in the South Bay -- it's great to have workout buddies!
4. COACHES CORNER
- New for 2011 -- check out the blog periodically for Coaches Corner posts
- They are tips, tricks and topics from your hard working coaching staff!
- Topics so far include Coach Em's Wednesday Workouts, Coach Devant's Rotator Cuff strengthening workouts, Coach Rod's prostate cancer prevention tips
- So look out for those Coaches Corner posts
5. SOCIAL HOUR -- Feb 5
- 1st social hour of the year -- First Fridays at the Natural History Museum
- The entire Natural History Museum stays open from 5pm - 10 pm and features musical performances by fresh and innovative artists., exciting scientific discussion, adult drinks, and behind-the-scenes curatorial tours.
- Go here to buy museum admission tickets ONLY http://www.ticketweb.com/snl/
- Note: pool your friends together to purchase tickets to share the "service charge"
- Check out the blog post
6. 2nd ANNUAL SOCAL DB PADDLERS BOWLING TOURNAMENT
- Meet other local DB paddlers and show off your bowling skills
- Hosted by the Splashing Flyers
- Details here
- Email Step if interested
7. ALCAN -- June 11/12
- RSVP and lodging info on Evite
- Vancouver is in Canada so you'll need your passport!
- Get your passport or renew (must be valid through Jan 2012) it now
8. 2011 LONG BEACH TOURNAMENTS
- Don't forget to update your Evites if things change
- Baby LB (May 1)
- Big LB (July 30-31)