It's that time of the week again! Let us know if you're attending practice!
1. PRACTICE REMINDERS
- Please be on time: Sat 7:30, Sun 9:00; it's important to properly warm up and stretch before getting on the boat
- DO NOT park on Appian Way or any neighboring streets
- DO NOT park in the small Boy Scout lot on Sunday mornings
- THEFT reported on the beach--store valuables in your vehicles and not in packs unattended during practice
- Keep your belongings close to the team -- safety in numbers!
2. MANDATORY TEAM MEETING -- Feb 5
- SCDBC requirement:every paddler must review the safety rules and take a written test
- Held after practice @ Mother's Beach
3. TEMPE -- March 26-27
- Please RSVP
- $80 2011 dues payable to Space Dragons
- $35 Tempe race fees payable to Space Dragons
- Update your response with lodging and transportation info
- Also indicate your interest in a team charter bus to/from Tempe
- No Flake Rule enforced: Feb 27
- Last day for hotel cancellation: March 10
4. SOCIAL HOUR -- Feb 4
- 1st social hour of the year -- First Fridays at the Natural History Museum
- The entire Natural History Museum stays open from 5pm - 10 pm and features musical performances by fresh and innovative artists., exciting scientific discussion, adult drinks, and behind-the-scenes curatorial tours.
- Go here to buy museum admission tickets ONLY http://www.ticketweb.com/
- Note: pool your friends together to purchase tickets to share the "service charge"
- Check out the blog post
5. 20 KM CHALLENGE -- Aug 27th
- Want a challenge? How about paddle a dragonboat 20 KM over the course of 2.5 hours
- The 20 KM 2011 Challenge will be held in Montreal on Sat Aug 27th
- The Dragon Boat Club of Boston (our host team in Boston last year) is fielding a team to head up north
- Here is the info in a nutshell:
- There are 2 divisions1-Challenge yourself / challenge your team. (top 3 gets medals)2-Competitive (top 3 Medals and Trophy for best times.Our secret - Every paddlers gets a little 20km medal like key chain for their accomplishments.It is important to know:Heat 1 = 6.7kmAt the locks there will be a 25 min one and only bathroom break (back by popular demand :)Heat 2 = Open water 6km10 Minute break (paddlers remain inside the boat, (the locks))Heat 3 = 6.7kmFinish!You will be paddling for 1h30min and you can add 45min break. Your team will be competing for a total of 2h30min. There is a beer terrace close by.
- More details can be found here
- Interested paddlers contact Nancy Wong of DBCB
6. SAN FRANCSICO -- Sept 17-18
- Dates are set for San Francisco -- Sept 17 & 18
-- Your Captains