Thanks to all who participated in the Beach Clean Up last Sunday! We have been recognized by the City of Long Beach for our efforts at keeping the beach clean (keep your eye on the blog for this)!
- Excellent attendance at practice this past weekend, let's continue the momentum! Encourage each other to come out.
- We're less than 3 months away from our first tournament -- Tempe!
- Don't forget to fill out the attendance poll, closes EVERY WEDNESDAY at 7 PM.
- Please be on time: 7:30 AM on Saturdays, 9:00 AM on Sundays
- Tardy Rule: if you are not at the site with 15 minutes of practice start (i.e. 7:45 on Sat, 9:15 on Sun), you will be cleaning the boats afterward
- Update to rule: if we do not have to clean boats, you'll be doing 50 push-ups
- Tardy Rule doesn't mean you can be 15 minutes late!
2. SOUTH BAY WORKOUT
- Outside workouts are great compliment to the water practices
- Join Coach Em in the South Bay on Wednesday evenings for some land workouts
- Details here
- Email Coach Em if interested
3. TEMPE -- March 26-27
- Please RSVP to Evite
- Please update Evite with your lodging and transportation details
- $80 2011 team dues payable to Space Dragons
- $35 Tempe race fees payable to Space Dragons
4. LONG BEACH BOOT CAMP -- Feb 26-27
- 2 full days of paddling seminar taught by renowned Canadian coaches
- Registration is open and on a first come first served basis
- Spaces limited -- we'll be registering for our team this weekend
- 10 paddlers or more get 10% discount
- So sign up on the Evite or email us NOW
5. SPACE DRAGONS PARKA/PATCHES
- There's still time to get your order in
- Email Marina by COB TOMORROW, 1/13
- Prices are approximate (depending on total quantity):
- Sizes XXS - XL: $137
- Sizes XXL & XXXL: $145
- Large (~12" diameter) Space Dragons patch only: $12
6. HAPPY HOUR -- Feb 4
- 1st happy hour of the year, many more to come!
- Join your fellow paddlers off the water for some mingling
- Come join us for a night at the museum!!
The entire Natural History Museum stays open from 5pm - 10 pm and features musical performances by fresh and innovative artists., exciting scientific discussion, adult drinks, and behind-the-scenes curatorial tours.
Go here to buy museum admission tickets ONLY http://www.ticketweb.com/snl/
- Adult - $9.00
- Child (5-12) - $2.00
- Senior (62 & Over) - $6.50
- Students (w/ valid ID) - $6.50
- Youth (13-17) - $6.50
- Parking is $8, so please carpool! The museum is located on Exposition Blvd across from USC.
- For more info: http://www.nhm.org/site/
7. ALCAN 2011 -- June 11-12
- We have registered 1 mixed boat
- Sign up now on the Evite!
- Your passport must be valid until end of Jan 2012, so renew your passport now if it expires before then
8. 2011 LONG BEACH TOURNAMENTS
- Sign up for your tournaments now
- Baby LB (May 1)
- Big LB (July 30-31)
- Remember all the Evites (tournament and other events) are in your weekly email
-- Your Captains