Congratulations to all Tempe paddlers, great job! For those who couldn't be there, hope you're well-rested and ready for more serious work!
1. TEMPE RECAP
- Great job, everyone! Check out a summary of the results here, stay tuned for results with times from the organizers
- Check out and purchase pictures from the official Festival photographer here
- Please help the organizers to improve the festival, take survey here
- If you did not get your medal(s), Pearl will have them at F&FD this Sunday
- There is NO practice this Saturday, 4/2
- Wednesday evening practices will start 4/13, 6 PM
3. F&FD -- this Sunday, 4/3
- It is just around the corner, so if you and/or your friends have not RSVP'd, please do so on the Evite
- Please let Denise know ASAP what you're bringing for the potluck if you have not already
- Remember to bring enough to cover your guest(s) as well if they're not bringing a dish
- Please bring your extra equipment (paddles, PFDs) if you have them
- SPACE AMAZING RACE
- Lights, camera, action!...
They'll be plenty of action come F&F day but we'll need your help to make it awesome! So we're calling all Space Dragons with abled buff bods and video cameras. In short, we need 8 camera toting operators to follow each race team and document their progress. Other things we will need as well are volleyballs, frisbees, and a hockey goal net. Please email Devant if you can help out in any of the aforementioned ways or have any of the items listed!
4. 10th YEAR SHIRT/JERSEY
- To commemorate our 10th year, we've designed a special edition shirt/jersey (see attached picture, remove "ng" from extension)
- The following are 3 options and their approximate prices
- Silkscreen cotton t-shirt: $20
- Silkscreen dri-fit jersey: $30
- Dye-sublimated dri-fit jersey: $40
5. OC-2 TESTING -- Sunday 4/10
- Testing for Baby LB boat seating
- OC-2 testing is mandatory to be considered for Red
- OC-2 testing is also a great way to gauge your progress/improvement
- Sign up on here
- If you absolutely cannot make this date, please email coaches to make arrangements
6. YARD SALE -- Saturday 4/23
- Spring yard sale to raise funds -- proceeds WILL help lower tournament fees
- Get your Spring Cleaning done and gather the goodies!
- With a great start to the season, let's continue the momentum!
- The remaining 2011 tournaments are:
- Baby Long Beach -- May 1
- Alcan/Vancouver -- June 11 & 12
- Big Long Beach -- July 30 & 31
- San Francisco -- Sept 17 & 18
- Time to make up your mind and sign up for them on their respective Evites if you have not already!
-- Your Captains