- Saturday, March 26, 6:45 am -- this is the time to be at the tent!
- Meet at the hotel lobby at 6:30 am to walk over together
- Sunday, March 27, TBD at the end of Saturday
Saturday Race Times:
- Times are approximate, please pay close attention to white boards
- Race 3: 8:18 Red
- Race 4: 8:27 Blue
- Race 14: 9:57 Ladies
- Race 19: 10:42 Men
- Race 34: 1:45 Blue
- Race 35: 1:54 Red
- Race 41: 2:48 Men
- Race 54: 4:45 Masters
- Plan on being at the race site all day Sat and Sun - there will not be time to leave the site & come back during the day - we will have races running all day
Boat Captains: They say "drop and gimme 20," you say "OKAY! But that doesn't leave much room for Yogurtland later (j/k). Support these peeps by doing anything they ask. From gearing up for marshalling to boat warm up--they've got your back!
- Sacred royal blue team jersey and black bottom
- Please bring your extra jerseys for new paddlers who do not have one
- If you don't have a jersey and can't find one to borrow, please wear a royal blue top
- It is forecasted to be in the mid-to high 70s next weekend but remember Tempe has desert climate, so be prepared for anything, dress in layers.
- Sharing is caring. So, bring snacks to share! There'll be several food vendors near the marshaling area so bring cash! Remember to eat light and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Saturday, March 26, 7 pm
- Tempe Market Place
- 2000 E. Rio Salado Pkwy
- Approx. 2 miles from the hotel (about $8 cab ride)
- We will meet at San Felipe’s Cantina; there are several places to eat in the area such as: Great Steak & Potato, Chipotle, Genghis Grill, Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen, so if the Cantina is not your taste, there are many other places to choose from.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Paddling gear: PFD, Paddle
- Race uniform: Sacred Royal blue jersey and black bottoms
- Water Bottle -- we will have water & Gatorade jugs
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sunglasses and hats/visors
- Beach towel
- Snacks to share
- Watch so you know the time
- Cell phone so we can find you
- Print out of this email so you know what to do
- Chair, umbrellas (opt)
- Swim suits for hotel pool or jacuzzi (opt)
- A good team-first, ready-to-compete attitude!
In Tempe, we will probably spend quite a bit of time in the marshalling area and at the sidelines cheering on our teammates. Stay cool and hydrated - Arizona sun can be pretty intense.
Tempe race fee is $35 per paddler. Please pay by cash or check payable "Space Dragons."
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Phoenix Airport @ Tempe
808 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Directions are at http://www.azdba.com/
- VERY limited at the race site so everyone's encouraged to walk over, the team hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the race site
Lastly - HAVE FUN and represent Space Dragons well! Also be sure to thank the volunteers at the tournament. They are giving their time to make this a well run and fun event for us.
And the very last thing to remember....Support and cheer for each other - we are ONE TEAM!!!!!