Congratulations for another extremely successful tournament! Let's utilize this MOMENTUM and carry forth! That means more hard work at practices. Yes, there's practice tonight, this weekend, next weekend, the weekend after that... Have you filled out the attendance poll?
1. BABY LONG BEACH
- Was it an awesome day or what?! Thanks to everyone for a great time and the plethora of healthy food!
- Final results are here
- Check back on the blog on a recap soon
2. ALCAN -- 6/12 & 6/13
- Are you ready for the next challenge?
- That's right, Rio Tinto Alcan Dragonboat Festival is one of THE biggest tournament on the West Coast.
- There will be many premiere teams in attendance and we're vying for another spot in the Guts and Glory race! So we need YOU to make this happen.
- Sign up on the Evite
3. OC-2 USAGE
- Want to work on your technique?
- Please read through and follow these guidelines
- The link to the User's Guide is also under "links" on the Space Dragons website
4. FESTIVAL TEAM COACHING
- Always wondered if you have the balance to stand on the bow of a boat while yelling at people? Now you can! Volunteers are needed to help coach festival teams for Big Long Beach.
- Festival teams are generally allowed about 6 practices (usually on weekend afternoons) leading up to a particular tournament.
- This is also a great recruitment strategy for the Space Dragons!
- Interested? Email us and let us know! We'll get you more details
5. PADDLING GEAR
- Want your very own paddles, PFDs and other paddling gear?
- Grey Owl wood paddles are $40, customized for your specific length, just let Pearl know what length you'd like!
- We get discounted prices (~20% off retail) on Stohlquist PFDs, check out their models on the website and let Pearl know what model and size you want
- Check out Warmers gloves at REI, REI Outlet sometimes has pretty good deals -- free shipping to stores
- Interested in a carbon fiber paddle? Our paddlers have Trivium (adjustable length), Burnwater, and Kioloa (hybrid). Ask Pearl for details
6. SD SOCIAL -- Thursday 5/19
- I'm sure you've heard of those delicious Night Markets in Taiwan and Asia - and now it's in LA, too!!
- Space Dragons will be having their next social at the LA Night Market at Yamashiro's from 5pm - 9pm!
- Vendor Foods include delicious tacos, amazing gourmet coffee, ice creams, TOMATOES, fruits, cheeses, alcohol, everything and anything!!
- Free parking and shuttle service located at the Christian Science Church on La Brea & Hollywood Blvd.
- Hope to see you there!!
- Look for the Facebook Invitiation soon for carpooling/details - so if you're not friends w/ Janet...add her!
7. YEAR-END DINNER -- Saturday 12/3
- Pencil this popular event on your calendar!
- Looking for volunteers to help plan the event and make year-end awards, interested person please email Janet
-- Your Captains