Great job at baby Long Beach! Much fun was had - many thanks to our tournament manager Devant, our many equipment managers and helpers and guest paddlers as well!
1. ALCAN -- 6/11 & 6/12
- One of the biggest tournaments is only a month away!
- Time to kick it up a notch, head over to practice now!
- Race fees is $35, payable to Space Dragons
- And don't forget to RSVP on the Evite too!
2. BIG LONG BEACH -- 7/30 & 7/31
- It's the big tournament on our own back yard. They got a little taste of Space Dragons' fury at baby Long Beach - now let's really bring it to them at the biggie!
- Please check to see if you RSVP on the Evite
- Want a see what a dragonboat full of paddlers look like at the bow? You've got the opportunity now to help coach festival teams for Big Long Beach.
- Festival teams are generally allowed about 6 practices (usually on weekend afternoons) leading up to a particular tournament.
- This is also a great recruitment strategy for the Space Dragons!
- Interested? Email us and let us know! We'll get you more details.
4. PADDLING GEAR
- Want your very own paddles, PFDs and other paddling gear?
- Grey Owl wood paddles are $40, customized for your specific length, just let Pearl know what length you'd like!
- We get discounted prices (~20% off retail) on Stohlquist PFDs, check out their models on the website and let Pearl know what model and size you want
- Check out Warmers gloves at REI, REI Outlet sometimes has pretty good deals -- free shipping to stores
- Interested in a carbon fiber paddle? Our paddlers have Trivium (adjustable length), Burnwater, and Kioloa (hybrid). Ask Pearl for details
- There's a Kialoa sale going on, check it out and catch it before it's gone!
- I'm sure you've heard of those delicious Night Markets in Taiwan and Asia - and now it's in LA, too!!
- Space Dragons will be having their next social at the LA Night Market at Yamashiro's on Thurs 5/19 from 5pm - 9pm!
- Vendor Foods include delicious tacos, amazing gourmet coffee, ice creams, TOMATOES, fruits, cheeses, alcohol, everything and anything!!
- Free parking and shuttle service located at the Christian Science Church on La Brea & Hollywood Blvd.
- Hope to see you there!!
- Look for the Facebook Invitiation soon for carpooling/details - so if you're not friends w/ Janet...add her!
6. YEAR-END DINNER -- Saturday 12/3
- Pencil this popular event on your calendar!
- Looking for volunteers to help plan the event and make year-end awards, interested person please email Janet
7. WEEKDAY WORK-OUTS
- Tuesday nights in the South Bay. Results of these work-outs show in our practice sets and tournaments. Studies show improved cardiovascular health and better muscle endurance for weekday work-out participants.*
- You've heard about it. You've contemplated joining it. The list of participants grows every week and with every passing week, the legends grow: jello legs and folks pushing back their "wall".
- Is it as bad (or good) as they say? Only one way to find out! Get out there!
- If you're not on the email list, email us and we'll make sure you get the weekly location notifications. Location varies within the South Bay week-to-week.
*these studies were performed at the Space Dragons Imaginary Institute of Health and Fitness. But seriously, is there any shadow of a doubt that these work-outs are super-great for everyone and just plain awesome?
-- Your Captains