- Unofficial practice on October 1, Saturday, highly encouraged for San Diego participants
- Did you respond to the poll? Help us make sure there's enough coaches, steers and boats for everyone that wants to paddle!
- No practice on October 2, Sunday.
- This Sat is also your opportunity to pick up your paddles (thanks Rod & Kevin K for transporting) and jerseys (thanks Galen). If you cannot be present to pick these up, please arrange to have someone pick these up for you, these nice folks aren't your personal storage.
- Wo. So. Much. Free. Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.
2. SAN DIEGO -- 10/22 - 10/23
- Now that TI is over, your brain's got room to think about San Diego because it's just around the corner!
- If you haven't already signed up, do so on the Evite. Also time to plan your lodging and transportation, take a look at the Evite and arrange your carpools and roommates. Ask around about super-special-top-secret-
totally-awesome-but-joe-still- says-no Space Camp.
- $45 race fee payable to Space Dragons
- No Flake Rule enforced after Sunday 10/9
3. SOCIAL NIGHT
- Saturday, November 5.
- It's been a long time. Kids are invited (crazy, I know!). Time for a fun night of bowling, eating, drinking, & socializing.
- Evite forthcoming.
- Approximate cost: $15 per person, fermented drinks not included.
4. YEAR END DINNER -- 12/3
- Do you ever wonder what your fellow paddlers look like dressed in non-paddler clothing? Here's a great chance to do so!
- Great food, great company, great time, all at a great price, what more do you want?
- Sign up here, $35/person payable to Space Dragons
- No Flake Rule enforced after Sunday 11/20
- Please note that your OFFICIAL RSVP is via Evite, not Facebook, so please RSVP on the Evite
- Have an idea about a fun award? Let us know.
- WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! YE Dinner doesn't happen by magic! Please contact Janet if you can help. We all like cool awards, games, and other fun stuff at the YE dinner... but we need your help to make it happen!
- Money makes the world go 'round. It also helps the Space Dragons do what we do. Please pay your outstanding 2011 annual dues and/or tournament fees ASAP!
6. GOOD CAUSE
- If you have more donations for the school supply drive benefiting School on Wheels, a non-profit that helps homeless kids with school work, please contact Stephanie directly to arrange pickup / drop off. Thanks so much!
7. MORE ON VOLUNTEERISM
- Spripple love. Feel it all over. So warm. So fuzzy.
- But so not happening this winter unless we can get a volunteer to organize our annual Space/Ripple Mammoth trip. For those who don't know, it's like the Sunday Treasure Island After Party... that goes on 72 hours straight. Except your captains actually stay for the whole time. Oh, and some people go snowboarding or skiing too. Yea, I don't know what's up with that either. Email the captains if you can help. Please! We can point you to our past organizers for tips and help but we need someone to take lead.
8. HELP BABY AVY
- Our fellow paddlers Leon and Wynne from LARD need your help to make their dream come true for their baby daughter Avy, who was born with medical conditions. Read about it and vote for their dream here, it only takes a second. Please help spread the word, too. Voting ends soon.
-- Your Captains