1. PRACTICE & MORE BIG CHANGES
· Last un-official practice was last Sunday!!! San Diego crew thanks you all for turning out to help them prepare.
· Official off-season practices start Sat Nov 5th, tentatively Saturdays only, stay tuned on Sunday practices and watch out for the POLL on the blog!
As most of you know, the lots just south of Davies Bridge (the Boy Scout lots) may not be available (day-to-day) to us because of the dock renovations. Paddlers can now park on Appian Way or Bayshore/neighborhood streets until the lots reopen. If neighbors complain, please let captains know so we can advise SCDBC.
· EQUIPMENT SHED
Recap fromn last week's Digest: When you're at Mother's Beach next time, you'll notice something missing. The Equipment Shed is gone! Remember that rundown lookin' shed by the showers? They're building a brand-spankin'-new shed now.
Until the new shed is complete:
· The steering oars, buckets, bailers, etc… that were stored in the shed are no longer being stored at the beach.
· Also there won't be any "extra" paddling gear to use.
· To ensure we have enough oars and boats for every practice, it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT EVERYONE FILLS OUT THE POLL so we get an accurate headcount.
· We have some team gear for guest paddlers. However, if we have more guests than gear, someone's not getting on the boat (that would suck). So... if you have extra equipment (PFD, paddle), we'd appreciate if you could bring them to practice.
· Or if you don't own your own gear, time to think about getting them, ask Pearl for info on paddles and PFDs.
· So don't be a sucker and fill out the poll!
2. SAN DIEGO -- 10/22 - 10/23
Hey San Diego crew, ARE YOU READY?
· Did you figure out transportation and lodging?
· Did you pay your tournament fees?
· Have you signed up to bring food to share?
· Pay attention for logistics email, it is waiting for race grid, but is COMING SOON!
3. SOCIAL NIGHT -- Sat 11/5
· Woopy doo! Check the Evite!
· Here's something you won't hear us say often: Minors encouraged to join!
· Forgot to sign up on the Evite? Don't worry, just come hang out. If you're lucky, you might be able to snag some bowling time too. And if you're really nice, we can probably squeeze you into a reserved lane (depending on the number of non-signed up people who want to bowl). And if you're really super duper nice, maybe the bowling alley will still let us get more lanes. So sign up on the evite, because it's the more the merrier!
4. YEAR END DINNER -- Sat 12/3
· OFFICIAL RSVP is via Evite, NOT Facebook, so please RSVP on the Evite
· Don't know/remember where you RSVP'd? Check the Evite NOW!
· Have an idea about a fun award? Let us know.
· WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! Volunteers needed for the following:
o Help make awards
o We need auction and raffle items. Wanna help but don't know what to offer? Come talk to us for ideas!
5. 3rd Annual SoCal Dragonboaters Bowling Tournament -- Sat 12/10
· More Bowling! Check Evite for details.
· 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards
· Space Dragons were VERY underrepresented last year!!!!
· Sponsored by Splashing Flyers
Are you all paid up? Ask Denise if you aren't sure, we need all 2011 funds collected to start registering for 2012!
7. 2012 SPACE-RIPPLE MAMMOTH TRIP
Thank you Jim and Andy for volunteering to organize!
Keep your ears to the ground for more details of this most awesome annual trip! If you want to play your part and help out, let them know!
-- Your Captains