Greetings Space Dragons!
Word of the week: Momentum!
Great Job everyone!!! A Historic, Memorable Weekend
2. PRACTICE – April 7/8
· Unofficial practice this Sat and Sun!!!
· 9:00a on the beach, 9:30a on the water. Check out the POLL!
3. FRIENDS AND FAMILY DAY – April 7, 1pm
· THIS SATURDAY!!!
· Great opportunity to introduce your friends and co-workers to what you spend so much time and effort on.
· Join the FB Event and share it with them.
· Easy, friendly afternoon time, hooray!
· Bring something yummy: We are having a SNACK POTLUCK so if you are planning on attending F&F PLEASE let Denise know what you will be bringing for food. We need things like fruit, veggies, yummy desserts, things like that!! Let's show our friends and family how we do it!!
· Bring your extra paddles and PFD's labeled for identification.
· Please email captains if you are coming and/or bringing people! Don't worry, we know some people will flake and so the numbers might be a little off - but we still need a plan for the estimated number of people attending.
4. STEERING CLINICS – Sat/Sun April 7/8
· THIS WEEKEND!!!
· There is a beginning steering clinic for brand new to beginner steers this Saturday, April 7th from 7:30-9:30am. Pearl will be leading it.
· An advanced steering clinic will be held the following day on Sunday, April 8th from 9-11am. We will cover the steering certification test.
· Please be on time and be prepared to paddle when not steering.
· RSVP with steersperon's name to email@example.com! We only allow 9 steers per clinic so everyone will get some on-the-water time. Each team is allowed only 3 steers per clinic unless we have openings, then it will be first come first served.
· We will also need 9 paddlers per clinic to help power the boat. Please also RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with paddler's name.
5. BABY LONG BEACH – Sun 4/29
· We're registered for 3 boats. That means YOU should sign up on the Evite! Sign up for OC-2 testing on Doodle.
· It's just around the corner!
· Sign up, Sign up, Sign up!
· June 9-10 is approaching fast, so sign up via Evite!
· We have a full boat of participants already, let's make it TWO! Ripple has 2 boats going, so can we!
· 1st boat Roster will be capped at 22 paddlers. Will register a 2nd boat at 35…
v Signing up on Evite is NOT a guaranty of a spot on the boat! You must secure a flight and update the Evite with flight info
v SO, if you already have your flight, update the Evite, if not, GET A FLIGHT and update Evite to secure your spot, NOW!
7. BDR Earth Family Fun Run – Sun Apr 22
· What: Inaugural BDR Earth Day Family Fun Run to support the Brian D. Robertson Foundation! Space Dragons is sponsoring this event, so it would be great to have some of us out there.
· When: Sun April 22, 11a
· Where: Bolsa Chica State Park, CA
· Register: Register Now: www.bdrfunrun.com or here:
Let’s Do this! For information, Facebook Event here!
Again, the Space Dragons is a sponsor for this fun run, Bolsa Chica is just a few minutes from Mother’s, WE can do the run right after practice!
· Dragonauts will have a yummy spam musubi fundraiser on April 7, so plan accordingly!
· Don’t Forget! Dragonauts want your balls! If you've got some basketballs/soccer balls, etc. that you wouldn't mind donating to the Dragonauts that would be muy excelente. We've plans to turn those unloved toys into wonderfully useful medicine balls for FUN land workouts!
9. VOLUNTEERS FOR BLINDSTART
Team BlindStart is looking for volunteer coaches. Think you have what it takes? Email captains if you are interested or for more details. You can get more paddle in and lots of warm fuzzy feelings too!
10. OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
· April 8: OC-2 #2: Pre Baby LB checkup, another chance to measure your hard work! Sign up on the Doodle.
· April 14 Ladies Night: At Marinas, save the date.
· May 4: SD Social: First Friday @ Natural History Museum in LA
· May 5: SD Yard Sale: Spring cleaning? Save your stuff for the Annual Yard Sale!
-- Your Captains