Destination Tempe …
WHAT?! Racing already? March will sneak up on you!
2013 Season has BEGUN!
- Attendance is being taken, Land drills are being run!
- 9:00a both Sat AND Sun (9:30-11:00 on the water)
- 1st race is in Tempe, March 23-24, time to start training!
** Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
2. 2013 Dues!
- Our very successful 2012 fundraising efforts helped cancel out expected increases in registration and tournament fees. What does this mean?
- Dues stay at the low 2012 rate of $100 adult, $50 minor (under 18)
- As always, cash or checks payable to Space Dragons, give to Denise, Marina, Roger or Robert
- If you need to make installment arrangements, contact captains, we are very flexible!
- Thank You for your early payment! We have already paid out registration fees for SCDBC, Tempe and Vancouver!
2a. 2012 Outstandng Dues/Fees!
- Help us close out the 2012 books and simplify Denise’s accounting burden!
- As Roger promised, here is a list:
· Andy C. · Eddie C.
· Curtis G. · Zina H.
· Brian L. · Tran 2
· Sammi · Michiko
· Step · Kompheak
· Gilbert · Jen T.
· Jim T. · Devant
· Davin (auction) · Cheryl (auction)
· Roger (auction) [oops]
Ya bunch of slackers! Don’t know how much you owe or why you owe money? Email Captains@spacedragons.org and we’ll let you know!
- Don’t forget to pay your 2013 dues while you’re at it! J
3. 2013 Tempe (Arizona) – Sat Mar 23 – Sun Mar 24
- Yes, Arizona! Sign up on the evite! Hotel info on Evite! Get roommate situation sorted out now, the hotel WILL be booked full.
- Remember last year? This one is a KEEPER!
- We are registered!
2 mixed boats (500m, 250m AND 1000m), Genders, Masters
4. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- Time is ticking! We have 1 boat, let’s make it 2! Sign up on the Evite!
- While our regular warm up tournaments, Tempe and Baby LB, are still in play
- Start your plans now for Vancouver!
Things to consider:
* Time off: Try to schedule arrival Thu or early Fri to available for a Fri practice in Vancouver!
* Passport: Canada travel requires a passport, it must be valid through Jan 2014(6mo from travel date)
* Travel Costs: Start saving today! One less beer a week is already $200 saved ;)
* Evite: Check out evite and sign up (Yes, Maybe, No) and keep it updated =)
* Questions: Have questions? Need convincing? Ask your favorite vet!
5. CPR Certification for All Steers! – Sat Feb 23rd, 8:30a-12:30p
RSVP for CPR class on the Evite! ALL year-around steers (practice and tournament) will need to be CPR-certified by June 9th. In your Evite response please include your:
Specify: steer, coach/captain, or paddler.
- $35 Fee will be covered for steers already certified or who will be certified by CPR class date only
- If you are not a steer, feel free to participate in this opportunity, but you will be responsible for the $35 class fee.
6. SCDBC School Painting (This Saturday!)
- On Saturday, January 19th, the SCDBC is going to use its off-season to give back to the community by working with Compton Initiative to paint a school in Compton. Invite friends and family; the more the merrier! RSVP on the Evite!
-- Your Captains