Tournament Season …
Jan to Oct is a long time, but each event we enter will sneak up on you faster than you think! While we all enjoy a competitive spirit and HARD WORK pays off, it is very important that you DO NOT BURN OUT. Make sure to keep diversity in your training, in your life!
2013 Season has BEGUN! 9:00a both Sat AND Sun
- Attendance is being taken*, Land drills and core exercises are being run! *Late pushups! Yay!
- You are late if Captains deem you late, (9:15 by the Captain’s timimg device)
- 1st race is in Tempe, March 23-24, train early, train often!
** Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
2. 2013 Dues!
- Our very successful 2012 fundraising efforts helped cancel out expected increases in registration and tournament fees. What does this mean?
- Dues stay at the low 2012 rate of $100 adult, $50 minor (under 18)
- As always, cash or checks payable to Space Dragons, give to Denise, Marina, Roger or Robert
- Thank You for your early payment! We have already paid out registration fees for SCDBC, Tempe and Vancouver and need to recover those fees so we can pre-register for other upcoming races.
- If you need to make installment arrangements, contact captains, we are very flexible!
2a. 2012 Outstandng Dues/Fees!
- Help us close out the 2012 books and simplify Denise’s accounting burden!
3. 2013 Tempe (Arizona) – Sat Mar 23 – Sun Mar 24
- Yes, Arizona! Sign up on the evite!
- Remember last year? This one is a KEEPER!
- We are registered!
2 mixed boats (500m, 250m AND 1000m), Genders, Masters
4. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- Time is ticking! 28 signed up!
- We have 1 boat, let’s make it 2! Sign up!
- While our regular warm up tournaments, Tempe and Baby LB, are still in play
- Start your plans now for Vancouver!
Things to consider:
* Passport: Canada travel requires a passport, it must be valid through Jan 2014(6mo from travel date)
* Time off: Try to schedule arrival Thu or early Fri to available for a Fri practice in Vancouver!
* Travel Costs: Start saving today! One less beer a week is already $200 saved ;)
* Evite: Check out evite and sign up (Yes, Maybe, No) and keep it updated =)
* Questions: Have questions? Need convincing? Ask your favorite vet!
5. Patches and Stickers and Bracelets, OH MY!
- Have you seen your teammates sporting those slick Space Dragons Patches, Stickers and Bracelets, and been wondering where you can get some of that Bling for yourself?
* Patches: $2 see Marina
* Stickers: $2.50 see Pearl
* Bracelets: $2 see Emily
6. CPR Certification for All Steers! – Sat Feb 23rd, 8:30a-12:30p
ATTENTION STEERS: RSVP for CPR class! ALL year-around steers (practice and tournament) will need to be CPR-certified by June 9th. In your Evite response please include your:
Specify: steer, coach/captain, or paddler.
- $35 Fee will be covered for steers already certified (or required to be certified) or who will be certified by CPR class date only
- If you are not a steer, feel free to participate in this opportunity, but you will be responsible for the $35 class fee.
- If any team-covered participant wishes to pay for their certification fee, or wishes to make a $35 tax-deductible donation to the team, do not be shy!
-- Your Captains