Our first 2013 tournament is just barely one month away! How are YOU preparing for it?
- 9:00a both Sat AND Sun
- Attendance is being taken! Late attendances always noted!
- Saturdays are also happy run and jumpy Land workouts. Sundays are super awesome planky Core workouts! Both days are followed by warm-n-fuzzy team-bonding feasting!
- Practice Poll Reminder: Be mindful of the practice poll. We need your poll responses by Wed 7p to properly notify SCDBC, later responses, while helpful to coaches and captains, do not help us satisfy our obligations to the association, beach monitors and the greater DB community.
** Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
1a. SPECIAL BOAT (Early Pre-Tempe Start-up)
- What is the special boat you ask? It’s a 1 hr paddling session before normal practice in an effort to give coaches and steers some paddling time. It also provides a unique opportunity for individuals to work on their “issues” in a coaching-rich environment!
- Hey Kim, note this is Saturdays only (for now, after Tempe, we'll start Sunday special boat too).
- WHEN: 7:45a Sat before normal practice (8a ON THE WATER)
- Participation is limited to 1 boat and coach availability, individual sessions may be cancelled if participation is too low! Check the blog or FB Fri night after 10p for cancellations
- Interested? Sign up on the poll AND DON’T BE LATE!
** Special Boat Practice Poll
2. Tempe OC-2 Testing – Sun Feb 24
- It’s fun, it’s a challenge! Create your base-line for the season to track your progression.
- Details on blog here!
- Signup here!
- Make-up testing will be held Sunday March 3, Email coaches if you can't make the primary test date and need to test on the make-up day.
3. 2013 Tempe (Arizona) – Sat Mar 23 – Sun Mar 24
- We are registered to Race!
2 mixed boats (500m, 250m AND 1000m), Genders, Masters
- Sign up on the evite!
- Got transportation and lodging squared away? Good!! Now email captains with your infos so we can keep track.
- Potluck sign-up on the gdoc! Because if you've traveled with us, you know we're a hungry hungry team and we gots to eat!
4. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- Time is ticking! 31 signed up!
- We have 1.5 boats, let’s make it 2! Sign up on the evite!
- While our regular warm up tournaments, Tempe and Baby LB, are still in play
- Start your plans now for Vancouver!
Things to consider:
* Passport: Canada travel requires a passport, it must be valid through Jan 2014(6mo from travel date)
* Time off: Try to schedule arrival Thu or early Fri to available for a Fri practice in Vancouver!
* Travel Costs: Start saving today! One less beer a week is already $200 saved ;)
* Evite: Check out evite and sign up (Yes, Maybe, No) and keep it updated =)
* Questions: Have questions? Need convincing? Ask your favorite vet!
5. CPR Certification for All Steers! – Sat Feb 23rd, 8:30a-12:30p
ATTENTION STEERS: RSVP for CPR class: HERE! ALL year-around steers (practice and tournament) will need to be CPR-certified by June 9th. In your Evite response please include your:
Specify: steer, coach/captain, or paddler.
- $35 Fee will be covered for steers already certified (or required to be certified) or who will be certified by CPR class date only
- If you are not a steer, feel free to participate in this opportunity, but you will be responsible for the $35 class fee.
- If any team-covered participant wishes to pay for their certification fee, or wishes to make a $35 tax-deductible donation to the team, do not be shy!
7. GENDERS NIGHT!!! – Sat March 16
- LADIES: Karen is preggy! Space ladies are invited to come congratulate Karen as she starts her new chapter into motherhood. Baby shower gifts are optional. If you are interested in getting something for Karen, then please remember to check the FB event page. We will update with Karen's baby registry information at a later date. Ladies' night will be at Marina's house. Potluck!
- GENTS: We will be having a nice bromantic night at Scott's house. Details to come. But expect candles and soft music.
-- Your Captains