Friends & Family Day …
This Saturday! Introduce your friends and co-workers to your addiction.
1. PRACTICE - Sat/Sun 9am
- Regular practice on Saturday, Optional on Sunday (due to OC-2 time trials)
- Wed night practice (6p-sundown) starts TODAY!
- Practice Poll Reminder: Be mindful of the practice poll. We need your poll responses by Wed 7p to properly notify SCDBC, later responses, while helpful to coaches and captains, do not help us satisfy our obligations to the association, beach monitors and the greater DB community.
** Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
1a. SPECIAL BOAT
- Fill out the Poll.
- Sat only 7:45a before normal practice (8a ON THE WATER)
- Usually a smaller group, so an accurate practice poll is extremely important. Please keep this poll updated! Don't be "that guy" who signs up and then doesn't show up!
2. 2013 FRIENDS & FAMILY DAY – Sat Apr 6
- Let’s have fun!
- Sign up!
- Recruit newbies! Bring friends and family for a day of fun on the boat and on the water.
- Wear your jerseys. Bring your paddling gear. Bring extra paddles and PFD's of you have them - label your stuff ;)
- Starts at noon. There will be some on-land instruction for newbies before we hit the water. The more the merrier, bring folks out just to check out the sport!
- Guests with pre-teens should provide their own youth PFD’s, we only have 1 or 2
- PARKING – Have guests use Boy Scout or meters, DO NOT PARK ON THE STREET
- SIGN UP FOR POTLUCK. Email Denise. Don't know what to bring? Here’s some areas we need reinforcement, Email Denise for more suggestions:
Lunch main dishes
sandwich trays, L&L, spam masubi, chicken
Cut up veggies
fruit trays, whole/large-cut watermelons (for eating contest)
pasta salad, fruit salad, rice, noodles
trail mix, mixed nuts, cheese/crackers
3. Baby LB OC-2 TimeTrials – Sun Apr 7
- Sign up on the Doodle!
- Since there aren't many weeks between Tempe and Baby LB (April 28), a make-up test is not currently planned.
If you want to test and can't make the test day, please mark the "Can't make it" option and email the coaches with why you can't make it, and we will use your Tempe results.
- Please arrive at least 30min prior to your scheduled test time to warm up and be ready if we are running ahead of schedule
- Haven't paid up on tournament fees or annual membership dues? Then you can't get on the OC-2!Oh noes! What to do? Well fear not, my friend. You can either bring cash or check (payable to Space Dragons) and pay at time trials, or pay by credit card! See Item 5 below. Hooray, technology!
4. MOTHER’S BEACH PARKING – SCDBC
- REMINDER: NO parking on ANY streets near Mother’s Beach
- Park in the adjacent metered lot or in the Boy Scout lot, PERIOD
- Residents are not having enough parking for their guests, BAD form!
5. 2013 Dues and Tournament Fees
- We are in Q2 already! Everybody should have 2013 dues paid or on payment plan to use team resources
- As always, cash or checks payable to Space Dragons, give to Denise, Marina, Roger or Robert
- NOW you can pay with CC to Robert or Roger using SquareUp! Ask us (3% service fee)
- Thank You for your payment! We have to pre-pay registration fees for SCDBC, Tempe, Baby LB, Vancouver and Big LB !!! We need to recover those fees so we don’t go broke!
- If you need to make installment arrangements, contact captains, we are very flexible! DO IT NOW
6. Baby LB – Sun Apr 28
- Evite is up! Sign up on the Evite!
- 3 Mixed boats, 500m and 200m races
7. 2013 Alcan Dragon Boat Festival (VANCOUVER) – Fri Jun 21 – Sun Jun 23
- Still a few slots left! Sign up before it’s too late!
- We have 2 mixed boats REGISTERED! Plus genders =)
- ACTION ITEM: LODGING! (DO THIS NOW)
* Gather your roommates: ???
* Fill out the form in your email and email it to Zina!
8. Big LB – Sat/Sun July 27-28
- Evite is up! Sign up yo!
- 3 Mixed boats, Genders, Masters, 500m and 200m races
9. Compton Initiative – Sat April 20
- Some of our paddlers joined the SCDBC on the Compton Initiative earlier this year. It's a great cause and lots of fun.
- Information and sign-up details here: http://new.evite.com/l/
- Want more info? Email Step!
-- Your Loving Captains