We've registered for 2 mixed boats + Men, Women, Masters, & Visiting Team.
As always, there will be plenty of racing in a great venue.
Very well organized race - a favorite of many of our paddlers - always a good time!
Click here for previous year's recaps/media.
All Space Dragons, please do the following ASAP:
1) If you have not done so yet, please sign-up and maintain your RSVP via evite.
See team email for evite.
There will be a roster max, with priority given first-come first-serve.
If you can't make it, please kindly let us know w/ a "No" response.
2) As with last year, please make hotel reservations ON YOUR OWN.
See hotel booking info below!
Please do this ASAP as rooms tend to sell out.
If you would like assistance finding roommates, no problem - just let me know @ email@example.com
3) Let me know your lodging plans by including them in your evite response.
I.e., let me know if you've made your hotel reservations (of if you are staying elsewhere).
Also let me know your roomies (include on evite).
Need to make sure you are covered.
Any questions, holler @ me.
SF HOTEL INFORMATION:
UPDATE 5/12/09 5:21pm:
Additional rooms for staying overnight Sunday 9/27 have just been opened up (100 of them).
Make your reservations ASAP!!!!
New Host Hotel for 2009: newly renovated Marriott Hotel in the Yerba Buena / South of Market Area. Located South of Market at 55 Fourth Street, in the heart of Union Square, next to the Sony Metreon, brand new Westfield Center, cable car turn around, and Yerba Buena Garden museums.
Discounted festival rate = USD $124.00 (excluding taxes) per room for single, double, triple, and even quad occupancy (at no extra charge)!!
- includes free wireless access all weekend.
- rate is valid from Wed, Sept. 23, 2009 through Mon, Sept. 28, 2009.
- If you wish to reserve rooms outside of these dates, please contact Daphne Pavlis directly at: daphne.pavlis@
marriott.or 415-442-6775, ext. 6224. She may be able to offer the discounted rate based on availability. com
1) Call 1-800-266-9432
- tell them the reservation is for SF Dragon Boat Festival (weekend of 9/26) for special rate
- provide dates, bed pref, etc.
- provide team name
2) via online @ https://resweb.
- Enter "Space Dragons" as COMPANY NAME when registering
As with last year, CDBA is providing free shuttle to/from the race site.
Thus, no rental car is required in SF.
And P.s. - Plan on staying over Sunday night for some post-race festivities if possible!