WOW!!! What a way to end 2012 in TI
1. SAN FRANCISCO (TI) - CAN YOU SAY HISTORY MAKING!!!
Comp A Championship: GOLD
Rec A Consolation: GOLD
Visitor Championship: GOLD
Rec B Consolation: 3rd
Oppa Gangnam: SUCCESS
... and the top two (2!) fastest times of the weekend.
- Way to TRUST and EXECUTE Space Dragons!
- Equipment transport:
* Make sure you account for your gear that was so graciously transported by drivers ASAP!
* The longer you wait the greater chance it is mis-placed
- Early clips to help with Spripple Love withdrawls
Women Qualifiers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- No more Wed night Practices in 2012
- No weekend Practices until ~Nov! REST UP, SLEEP IN, find your mental focus … whatever
- IF you cannot stay away from the water, email email@example.com so we can gauge interest and try to run some 9:30 fun/just-paddle practices 9/29-10/28. Maybe OC-1 owners can bring out their boats for other teammates to try for fun!
3. PARKA ORDER
- Gracey has generously volunteered to coordinate a parka order!
- If you'd like to order an awesome Space Dragons parka, please send her the size and the name you want embroidered on the front. FB message or email her.
- Available sizes are S, M, L, XL [unisex].
- Keep in mind that you'll likely want to be able to wear your parka over your PFD and/or sweater. The larger the order, the cheaper the price! Last order, each parka was just under $150. If you're not sure about the cost, no worries, your message isn't binding!
She'll send out a confirmation email once the vendor gets us a more solid price.
Paddling is HARD work. Space Dragons, you exceeded goals all season and BLEW IT UP in TI to cap off a History making season! Thank You for all the fun, hard work and tremendous TEAMWORK! You have brought so much respect to this team and the greater DB community in LB. Thank you for making my freshman year as captain such a memorable one – Robert
Raise your hand if you did not pay your SF fees yet! You owe me push-ups!! No seriously, I'm going to collect. But more seriously, everyone did a great job this season and considerably upped the game. I wrote a comment inSD Digest 8/29 [para. 2] asking the team to prove we deserve the title of 'champs' coming off our wins at Big Long Beach. As a team, all of you guys did that and more - at SDWW, at practice, at beach clean-up and at the races. Rest up for now, but know that we won't be able to rest on our laurels. Impatiently waiting for next season to see the new heights we'll reach together... roGer
-- your SO SO PROUD captains!!!