Hell Week part III
Can it be? That time again? Big Long Beach Races are just 1.5 weeks away! That’s just 4 practices and 1 hell week to amp it up, fine tune and finish STRONG … See you on the water!
1. DUES and FEES
- Time for a mid-season checkup!
Tempe $35, Baby LB $20, Alcan $35, Big LB $40 (Add $1 fee ea for Square Pmt)
- Not sure if you owe anything? Contact captains! OR we will contact you after July!
- As always, cash or checks payable to Space Dragons, give to Denise, Marina, Roger or Robert
- NOW you can pay with CC to Robert or Roger OR directly from your smart phone with Square Register App at Mother’s Beach! (~3% Square service fee applies)
- If you need to make installment arrangements, contact captains, we are very flexible! DO IT NOW
2. SD Citizens Award Scholarship
As a family, the Space Dragons want to make sure each of us has the opportunity to make it to tournaments. We would hate to see our students miss out on all the fun and work and silliness and racing because they are shy on cash, right? Help out your fellow teammates by just contributing a buck or two [or more!]. Those few dollars can make all the difference for the youngsters on our team. Give your contributions to Gracey or Roger. We accept cash, check, PayPal, and credit card!
3. Big LB – Sat/Sun July 27-28
- Last chance Space Men, sign up!
- Red, Blue, White Mixed boats, Genders, Masters, 500m and 200m races
- We are hosting 2 boats from our sexy Sister-team Ripple Effect, and we accepted the honor of hosting another new small SF team, Oyster Point Dragons, keeping to our host capacity of 3 boats.
- Sign-up for Potluck with Deej! (Contact her on SpaceBook too)
The competition is strong:
Local: Guppies , LARD and U23 are always keeping the pressure on
North: Dragon Max, Oakland Renegades, Ripple, Dragon Warriors … More!
Great White North: Team Yahoo from Calgary
South: San Diego!
4. 2013 PDBA CLUB CREW QUALIFIERS (Oakland) – Aug 10-11
- Check it out and sign-up NOW if you are interested for Open boat paddling, need at least 2 more STRONG Space Men!
- If you are interested in paddling in Oakland for genders-only, please email coaches. We are only allowed to register one mixed boat, so we need to know if there are enough people willing to paddle genders-only to fill Open and potentially Women's rosters.
- Winners of these races get the opportunity to represent the US in Italy 2014!
- Remember the Big Picture!
- Hotel info coming soon!
5. 2013 Treasure Island Dragonboat Races – Sep 14-15
- Check it out and sign-up NOW if you are interested
- Space Dragons Traditional season ender!
- Remember 2012? … Work Hard Play Hard
- Hotel info coming soon!
6. NORMAL PRACTICE - Sat/Sun 9am, Wed 5:30p-Sunset
- Practice Poll Reminder: Be mindful of the practice poll. We need your poll responses for Sat/Sun practice by Wed 7p to properly notify SCDBC, later responses, while helpful to coaches and captains, do not help us satisfy our obligations to the association, beach monitors and the greater DB community.
** Wed/Sat/Sun Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
SPECIAL BOAT – Sat/Sun 7:45a, before normal practice (8a ON THE WATER)
- Sat and Sun!!!
Please be ON TIME, we only have 1hr and need everybody to launch the boat!
- Usually a smaller group, so an accurate practice poll is extremely important. Please keep this poll updated! Don't be "that guy" who signs up and then doesn't show up!
** Special Boat Practice Poll (fill it out and keep it updated with changes)!
-- Your Captains